Daily Archives: April 16th, 2011
Adding Internet radio to the media mix increases the overall effectiveness of an advertising campaign, according to new research presented during the RAIN Summit in Las Vegas last week by Targetspot CEO Eyal Goldwerger. TargetSpot research found a 3.5X higher ad response rate when adding Internet Radio to a Broadcast Radio campaign, and a 2X higher ad response rate when adding Internet Radio to an online campaign.
Targetspot’s research was done by third party Parks Associates and represents the first in-depth independent study on the effectiveness of Internet radio advertising. Goldwerger unveiled the whitepaper based on the results, entitled “Internet Radio Advertising Impact”, to record attendance at the RAIN event during NAB Show Week.
It’s a deep meaty piece of research that provides excellent validation of the effectiveness of Internet radio advertising. Highlights:
- Users who listen to Internet Radio are twice as likely as Internet-only users to respond to an Online ad.
- The use of Internet radio in an ad campaign can increase ad recall by as much as 2.3%.
- Broadcast Radio ad recall and response rates significantly increase (3.5%) when combined with Internet Radio use.
- Consumers are more likely to take action on a broadcast ad if they also listen to Internet radio.
- In many cases, Internet radio ads combined with broadcast radio ads result in more than twice the ad campaign recall.